The Abdominal Aortic and Junctional Tourniquet – Stabilized (AAJT-S) is the latest life-saving innovation for bleeding not amenable to standard tourniquet application. Building on the success of the AAJT, the AAJT-S features an easy to use tightening system and advanced materials with the goal of consistent, stable occlu- sion. The AAJT-S is indicated to control difficult bleeding in the primary junctional areas (inguinal and axillary) as well as the pelvis- the only product on the market to be approved for all three. In addition, it’s the only device to have documented lives saved from both upper and lower junctional hemorrhage. The AAJT-S device design and function facilitates a large area of effective occlusion pressure, which provides the medic with a high degree of accuracy and reliability for the positioning of the device in the proper anatomical locations to stop the bleeding. In addition, the AAJT-S has demonstrated the ability to maintain efficacy during patient movement in confined space rescue, drags, and hasty extraction.
- Compact, lightweight & ruggedized for use in the tactical environment.
- Pre-assembled, Ready-to-use & Easy-to-apply at or near the point of injury.
- Simultaneous Occlusion of blood flow to both lower limbs that does not impede Respiration
- 2 Compression Pads, pre-positioned and individually adjustable, allow for individual or bilateral activation, based on the patient’s injuries.
- Circumferential Compression Buttocks Pad safely secures the device to the patient.
- Lanyard & Toggle Locking Mechanism ensures that vibrations or bumps to the windlass will not reduce the pressure during patient movement.
- Writeable Area to document the time of application.
- Easy-to-understand, Step-by step Instructions included.